Thursday, March 9, 2017

Inflight Entertainment


via IMDB

When faced with the prospect of flying for 24 hours it made me realise that it would be the perfect opportunity to binge-watch movies on the flight. I also took all the books that I have been “meaning” to read as well. Turns out that sleeping is also very important on long-haul flights so I did not end up watching as many movies as I thought I would nor did I even open one book.

Auckland – Hong Kong (Air New Zealand)
I watched three movies with some big periods of sleep between. I was surprised that there was not really the choice that I had anticipated and therefore slim pickings.

I watched the following.
The Edge of Seventeen – Very moving while also being filled with the required dose of ‘teen angst’. Nonetheless very enjoyable.

Keeping Up with the Joneses – this movie was ridiculously funny and provided some light relief after the first movie.

Storks – cute children’s movie.

Hong Kong – London (Cathay Pacific)
Honestly, this flight felt like the longest flight of my ENTIRE LIFE! I tried to nap and pass the time and was fairly unsucessful. Also, I was not in an aisle seat and at the front of the middle section of seats. This meant using the screen that comes out from under the arm rest which after a time got annoying as you are constantly looking down with your neck and head starting to hurt.

I watched the following.
Mr. Church – Eddie Murphy was absolutely, hands down outstanding as Mr Church. I had not even heard of this movie and just decided to watch it by chance. I was not disappointed. It was incredibly moving, poignant and heart-warming. I am not ashamed to say that I did cry.

The Huntsman: Winter's War – Out of desperation I decided to watch this so that I could delete it off MySky once home. It was okay and Charlize Theron was incredible as the evil queen! Otherwise, it was average.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children – This was quite interesting and enjoyable.

Looking at the movie options for my flights back, there are not many options. I think at this stage I might try and watch the rest of Trolls (I got 20 minutes in and decided to sleep). I think that for me it might be a better option to pack my online bags sensibly and take a good book to read instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment