Monday, March 6, 2017

05/03/17 - Richmond Station




Sitting at Richmond train station II am amazed that I am in London. It seems surreal that a few days ago I was in NZ.

I just never thought that I would ever come to England so when I was talking to my boss late last year and he explained that he wanted me to train in Paris for a minimum of two weeks I was in a state of disbelief.

I have never been that keen to travel to London; perhaps I was more intrigued by old England i.e. The countryside vs the hustle and bustle of a major metropolitan city.

But here I am, waiting for a train to go to Waterloo station.

I looked up where Call the Midwife is filmed and it is a 30-minute car ride from Richmond or an hour on the train. I'm so tempted to go but I do not know if I can go and take a photo of the outside of the building.

I have been a great adult and have had salt and pepper soft pretzels for breakfast. I desperately need coffee.

It's cold here. I was sweaty on the short walk to the train station but now I've got my cardigan on. I'm also somewhat bummed that I gave my scarves away.

Oh well.

The architecture is so different here as it is all mostly brick with not a lot of wood.

To be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment