Friday, February 13, 2015

Breaking up is hard to do





When we met it was amazing, inspiring, motivating and like a warm, comforting hug from a close friend.

As the months went by I learned to love you more and I got so much out of our time together. We had some incredible experiences that enriched my life and made me stronger. I did not think it could get any better.

Then things changed; actually I think we both changed and as a result the things that drew me to you were the things that I started to resent. You did things wrong and so did I.

It became apparent that there were particular rules for some and not for others. You expanded and grew quickly and I slowly started to feel a sense of distance.

Little things started to upset me, make me angry or sad. Now that I have some distance I can see that this was the way that I processed my grief at deciding to pull away and then finally leave.

Leaving you was like leaving a relationship. It was hard and painful to make the choice to leave and now that you are gone from my life I am both sad and glad. I look back on the time that we had and realise a lot of good came out of it. You got me through a really tough time in my life and for the most part I enjoyed the journey.


While I will never go back I do wish you all the best for your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment