Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sun Salutation




It has been a bit of a slow start to 2015 which has been really nice.

I had a whole list of things that I wanted to do (or not do) over January. For the last 2 years I have gone without alcohol, pasta, takeaways, cheese etc. and this year I decided to add chocolate to the list. Suffice to say it is now the 27thJanuary and I have had everything this month aside from the alcohol. So perhaps adding chocolate was just too much!

When I set some goals for February I am going to be more realistic.

At an Auckland Anniversary Day BBQ yesterday I realised that I am quite happy to go without alcohol in social situations. I went prepared with pre-made soda stream (with a splash of Barker’s cordial as I am not a fan of the Soda Stream syrups) which was beautifully refreshing on a hot summer’s day.

Over the weekend I managed to do some exercise as we did not do a carboot sale. So on Saturday I did RPM and then Body Balance with Ally and Maree. I have only done Body Balance once and I forgot how hard it is. I nearly broke my damn toe during the Sun Salutation and then nearly fell over as I was not as “balanced” as I should have been. Everyone else seemed to be in a happy, zen state and I was down the back trying not to sweat all over my feet and hold the poses. Definitely not very zen-like at all.

What I have realised is that my flexibility has really gone south over the years and I would really like to get some of that back.

On Monday morning I did a weight workout with Ally. To be honest it has been a long time since I have even tried to do weights and this morning I can feel muscles that I probably have not used for a little while. Although, I can still walk so that is always a good thing.

Right now I feel happy and a good sense of achievement.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing - go you! I think giving up alcohol in and of itself is a massive achievement. It's funny though what we can do without and what trips us up! The exercise sounds great and I'm sure it'll make you feel happier and better even when things do pick up - they always say it's easier to cope with stress when we are looking after ourselves, including getting that endorphin kick from exercise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind giving up alcohol especially after the festive season when it got CRAZY.

      I did enjoy Balance and will try and do it at least once a week. :)

      Delete