Thursday, November 27, 2014

Cake. Coffee. Conversation. Weekends away rock!


Pirate Clip

I just had another lovely weekend away in Wellington!

There were lots of lovely conversations, food and drinking…..and LAUGHTER! Oh and not to mention the million metres of Christmas tinsel everywhere in the house!

On Saturday we had a relaxing start to the morning with a beautiful breakfast. ‘The Beard’ went to get supplies to make a new bird feeder.

Julia and I went out to Lower Hutt to catch up with a friend for coffee, cake and a quick loop around the Dowse Art Museum to look at some of the exhibitions.

Moths
I loved the ‘Invitation to Openness — Substantive and Transitive States’, by Wellington sculptor Elizabeth Thomson. It is hundreds of moths placed on the walls as if they had just landed there. It reminded me of the many puriri moths that I would see as a child growing up in the bush. I also really enjoyed looking at the 1970’s ‘Revolution in Fashion’ exhibition. I found that the light reflecting on the walls from the giant ‘translucent pyramid’ were more amazing than the pyramid itself. Also, loved the reflections on the wall Moniek Schrijer’s 'Earth is all we know' display.

Happy Cat
Then we went back to Anjuli’s and did some shopping from Sweet Designs and got some beautiful things. I bought some cute hairclips and I now have pirates, animals, crowns and robots to go with my UNICORN clips that she gave me. If you are looking for beautifully handmade gifts then please check out her Facebook page.

On Sunday ‘The Beard’ and I caught the last 35mins of rugby which was probably the most eventful of the entire game. Unfortunately, one of the cats had to go to the vet as his little face was swollen and made him look like a chipmunk. Then later on we retired outside to watch the construction of the new bird feeder. Then a quick visit from Julia’s brother/sister-in-law and little nephew + cake, coffee and wine.

Sunday afternoon wine & water
Lots of cat and puppy cuddles before heading to the airport to come back to Auckland.


I really cannot believe that it is now less than a month until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment