Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Body Attack



Jes, Jo and I

I finally plucked up the courage to go to Les Mills Body Attack on the 2nd October 2013. I have been a member of Les Mills since I was about 19 and I had never done a Body Attack class until 2013 (I am 38 now) so you can do the math on that one.

Not going to Body Attack was more about fear of the unknown and also because it is a high impact aerobics class. If you check out the promo clip on the Les Mills You Tube Channel you can see why.

Then I went with Kathryn this year :)
I had to go with friends from MotivateMe NZ firstly because I am a big chicken when it comes to trying new things and secondly because group fitness is better with friends. I went with Jes and Jo and we had some fun. Yes it was hard.

For the most part I have been going every week (other than over the Christmas break) to Brett’s Wednesdays night class at Victoria Street at 6.30pm (yes that is a shameless plug). Now I have blogged about Brett before; he is one of my favourite RPM instructors and he REALLY wanted me to go to come and try his class.

Can I say after going quite a few times that I am really starting to enjoy it. Yes it is hard. Yes I have to modify moves. Yes it pushes me out of my comfort zone both emotionally and physically however it is a really high energy class. A few weeks ago when we did track (7?) when we split into two groups on either side of the room it felt like we were doing some crazy arse choreographed dance complete with jazz or swag hands or spirit fingers. It was AMAZING.

To be fair I am probably the biggest person there and I will tell you this…if you want to try a class that is high intensity, fun and pushes you then just feel the bloody fear and do it. You can modify the moves until you can do them. Then you can even add in the arms if you are feeling particularly co-ordinated.

I live in hope that I will be able to eventually do the following:

  • Tuck Jumps
  • Star Jumps
  • Any jumps
  • Running around the room
  • Skater
  • Add my arms in

Oh and I sweat like a crazy person.

Bring on more Body Attack classes in 2014. Might even try and do more than one class a week even!

No comments:

Post a Comment