Monday, May 7, 2012

2012 Project 52 – Week 18

29th April – 5th May

Okay, so a hugely busy week with a lot of things to LOVE!

First up was a spin class with Penny on Sunday morning. Comment from the instructed “RPM is easy” and she was so right. 17 minutes of hills! OMG I had to sit down for a few!

Mark and I have been watching TV together including Grimm, Once Upon a Time and The Big Bang Theory. I just want to say that I LOVE Amy Farrah Fowler from Big Bang and the ultimate episode for me was when she gets a tiara from Sheldon; her reaction is utter gold! I keep listening to it over and over again.



 I purchased some new workout music this week and I love:
‘Defying Gravity’ from Wicked the Musical
‘I Am Woman’ by Jordin Sparks



My week ended with a day trip down to sunny Hamilton to meet the new baby red panda Ketu with Tara. He was so adorable and we got to meet Ketu and his parents. We got to feed them as well. I just about died! I have had his photo as my iPhone screen saver and every time I see his cute little furry face I just die with joy. He is such a cutie.


We also had a face-to-face with the two tigers and even got up close to feed them. Amazing; they are just bigger versions of our cats.


Loved the little Kune Kune piglets and their parents and the sweet little baby rhino. Walked through the bird aviary and made friends with one of the resident Kaka. Watched the cheeky Kea’s for a bit and noticed Charlie doing his ‘give me some damn attention’ pose; he looks dead.

Over all Friday was an amazing day at the zoo filled with absolutely magical experiences made possible by Tara (who won the competition to name Ketu) and the amazing staff at the zoo. I will never forget my day.

3 comments:

  1. I am so so so so glad that you came with me!! I had such a wonderful day Ness - thank you.
    Oh and the kids have ordered more brownies please. It was the kids - honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you invited me. I had a wonderful day as well. The brownies are easy peasy. Let me know when they are all up next and I will bake another batch for you all :) x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fab day - am so glad that you are hanging in there and doing something that you love each week :-)

    ReplyDelete