Tuesday, April 17, 2012

1. Run Auckland 10km Walk | Remuera


I came last but I finished. Surely my time will improve over the next few months? I was doing so well with the first 1km completed in 9 minutes. Then I slowed right down. Still it was a far easier 10km than Motutapu. 

I did not enjoy walking 4x laps of the same course. Also, while I know the people at the start/finish line were there to support I just found it unnerving. I am so used to walking on my own so public events are still a challenge.

I am always so tired after a walk so I need to find something to do to keep me on my feet and active for the rest of the day. Perhaps as I lose weight I will feel better.
I have registered for the quarter marathon which is part of the bigger Auckland marathon and I am doing it with a team which is cool.

I only managed the gym once last week and I'm disappointed in myself and one 7.2km walk; so much for sticking to my plan.

My new plan is to jump out of bed as soon as my alarm goes off and flick on the light. This means I am up on my feet and not hitting the snooze button on my alarm.

Also, I'm going to do shorter walks in the evenings and try and up my pace and then a longer walk (or two) on the weekends when I have more time.

Two friends want me to do the Lake Taupo bike ride in late November; it is 160km. So I will start training for that now and increase the number of km’s I do each week. By July/August I should be able to tell if I can do it or not. 

Challenge for this week:
- RPM at Les Mills on Wednesday
- 5-10km Bike Ride
- 4 x gym sessions
- shorter walks at night

No comments:

Post a Comment