Tuesday, October 25, 2011

2 months, 1 day

I find it unbelievable that Christmas is so close. How did that happen?

This morning I went to the gym despite having a sore lower back. I tried to walk on the treadmill and that was not good; so I swapped to the stationary bike. I managed to do about 30 minutes of cardio which was a fairly poor effort. Mind you I was trying to talk myself out of working out at all so even 30 minutes is better than none.

I am not on track to hit my Christmas target. I feel angry at myself and my lack of planning/discipline. However, I am not going to give up. I have 8 weeks and I can make those 8 weeks count. I can ‘choose’ to lose 8kg or 16kg. I am going to aim for 16kg!  This means sorting my eating out and committing to exercise.

How will I do it?
- Plan my meals and increase my vegetable and fruit intake
- Remember to take food out of the freezer before work
- Stop eating pasta for a while (this is my weakness)
- Reducing my portion sizes (I even disgusted myself at the amount of pasta I ate yesterday)
- Aim for lower G.I. food to keep my blood sugar stable
- No takeaways
- Drink less coffee and more herbal tea
- Have less salt
- More sleep
- Get out of bed when the alarm goes off and drag my butt to the gym
- Do 20-30 minutes of exercise when I get home after work
- Start doing yoga or Pilates
- Build my core strength
- Read the two health and fitness books I have in my bedside drawer for inspiration and motivation
- Buy a pair of new shoes

At the end of the day I know what to do I just need to stop talking about it and ‘just do it’.

No comments:

Post a Comment