Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

I have written a number of blogs about my adoption and my birth family over the past year.
Over my lifetime there have been a huge number of people and places that have had a huge impact on the woman that I have become; however 4 people have had the BIGGEST impact on me from day 1.

When I was a few days old I was adopted by my mum and dad who were so excited to have this precious little baby. They never made a secret of my adoption and explained it to me from a very young age. I love them more than words can express and they have helped shape who I am today.

My birth mother who made the hardest decision a woman has to make and decided to give me up for adoption and to my step-dad and his family who supported her throughout the pregnancy and birth. Without her I would not have been born nor adopted into an incredibly loving family.

At 14 my birth and adoptive families met and my life has been full of family, laughter and love. Both my mum and my birth mother absolutely adore one another.

I feel truly blessed to have a huge family who love each other.

1 comment: