Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If you do what you've always done....



Last week I was away in Sydney for work, and then had the weekend to enjoy Sydney with Mark and a close family friend.

I was really excited about staying at the Mantra as their website showed a beautiful pool and mentioned that they had a gym. I should have been suspicious when I couldn’t find any photos of their gym on their website.

My promise to myself and my trainer was that I would go to the gym at least 4 times while away, and also eat sensibly. On Monday evening I headed down to the gym to check it out. I was so disappointed with their cardio gear. They had an old bike; reasonable treadmill and a stair master…seriously do gyms even have stair masters now??? The next morning I headed down to give things a go, and managed about 30 minutes of cardio. It made me miss our gym and my favourite cross trainer. Suffice to say, I did not go back there for the rest of my stay, but I did manage to do a bit of walking later in the week.

I was pretty good with my eating, but I know that I could have been much better. I over ate at our work dinner and felt pretty awful afterwards. The good thing about our dinner was the good walk to get to and from the restaurant.

So my lack of exercise combined with my over-eating definitely reflected on the scales this week and I put on all the weight I had lost plus 200g. This made me realize that if I do no exercise and continue to over-eat then I will never, ever achieve the weight loss that I need to be healthy. I had some lovely support from people on Twitter who told me not to let the scales 1. Rule my life and 2. Dictate my emotions. So I am just getting back on the horse this week with better eating and 5 days of exercise.

This sums it up: “If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.” ~ Anthony Robbins

Previous Weight: 155.9kg
Current Weight: 157.4kg
Weight Difference: +1.5kg
Initial Goal Weight: 99kg
Work out pledge: 3 cardio and 2 resistance workouts

No comments:

Post a Comment